Shannon Group Procurement Officer – (Ref: SG02/2019)
This person will report to the Shannon Group Procurement Manager and will be involved in procurement projects across all the Group companies but particularly in Shannon Commercial Properties and Shannon Heritage. The role will be based at Shannon Group offices in Shannon Airport.
Key Tasks Activities and Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the supply chain from project inception to contract placement
- Deliver value for money for Shannon Group through the sourcing process while maintaining compliance and improved customer service
- Ensure compliance with EU, National and internal procurement policies and procedures
- Work with the Group Procurement Manager to continue to improve the procurement function and to standardise documentation for use across the Shannon Group companies through development and refinement of procurement processes, service levels, policies and procedures in accordance with industry best practice
- Lead contract negotiations to ensure the integrity of the tendering and procurement processes for supply and service contracts, and to foster best supplier relationships within an appropriate legal framework.
- Support the Group Procurement Manager in achieving strategic group procurement goals including efficient processes and value for money
- Provide Shannon Group Business Units with a focal point for sourcing and procuring of goods, services and works by communicating with the relevant Business Units and Management.
- Work closely with the Finance teams to ensure that all financial statutory requirements are being reflected in supplier selection (e.g. tax clearance certs, withholding tax capture etc.)
- Review the existing contract lists on an on-going basis and push for timely tender processes to meet contract end dates.
- Manage the Sourcing Process, including specification generation, tendering and negotiation strategies, tender preparation and evaluation, supplier selection and contracting and develop key supplier relationships.
- Document management and filing per agreed procedures
- Such other tasks as required
Person, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 12 months Procurement/Purchasing experience working in a Public Sector organisation.
- Administration and/or Accounts experience will be an advantage for an interested candidate
- Ability to recognise and escalate risks appropriately
- Meet strict deadlines.
- Process-oriented with analytical skills and creative problem-solving capabilities with high level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication, influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to challenge when required while still maintaining strong working relationships with all business units
- Demonstrate a proactive approach that is results focused
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent IT skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality and act with honesty and integrity at all times
Candidates should write via email, stating how they meet the above requirements and enclosing curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday 26th February 2019
- Shannon Group commend Ei Electronics on outstanding record of 55 years manufacturing in Shannon
- Thuarascáil Bhliantúil Ghrúpa na Sionainne cpt 2017
- Shannon Group Annual Report 2017
- Shannon Group Economic Impact Report
- Shannon Group plc Annual Report & Accounts 2016
- Shannon Group plc 2015 Annual Report Grúpa na Sionainne, Tuarascáil Bhliantúil agus Cuntais 2015
- Shannon Group plc Annual report 2014