Shannon Group Procurement Manager – Permanent Contract (Ref: SG 02/2020)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Manager to deliver procurement services to Shannon Group companies. The overall purpose of this role is to develop and deliver an expert end-to-end procurement service to the business units. This person will report to the Head of Procurement and s/he will work on procurement projects across the Shannon Group companies This position will be based at Shannon Group offices in Shannon Airport.
Key Tasks Activities and Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the supply chain from project inception to contract placement
- Deliver value for money for Shannon Group through the sourcing process while maintaining compliance and improved customer service
- Ensure compliance with EU, National and internal procurement policies and procedures
- Work with the Head of Procurement to continually improve the procurement function across the Shannon Group companies through development and refinement of procurement processes, service levels, policies and procedures in accordance with industry best practice
- Lead contract negotiations to ensure the integrity of the tendering and procurement processes for supply and service contracts, and to foster best supplier relationships within an appropriate legal framework.
- Support the Head of Procurement in achieving strategic group procurement goals including efficient processes and value for money
- Provide Shannon Group Business Units with a focal point for sourcing and procuring of goods, services and works by communicating with the relevant Business Units and Management.
- Work closely with the Finance teams to ensure that all financial statutory requirements are being reflected in supplier selection
- Continual review of existing contracts and drive the tender processes to meet contract end dates.
- Manage the Sourcing Process, including specification generation, tendering and negotiation strategies, tender preparation and evaluation, supplier selection and contracting and develop key supplier relationships.
- Manage the procurement administration process by providing supervision and training.
- Such other tasks as required
Person, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- In depth knowledge and experience of the tendering/buyer process within a Public Sector organisation.
- Excellent understanding of contractual legal terms and conditions.
- Ability to recognise and escalate risks appropriately
- Process-oriented with analytical skills and creative problem-solving capabilities with high level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication, influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to challenge when required while still maintaining strong working relationships with all business units
- Demonstrate a proactive approach that is results focused
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent IT skills
- Administration and/or Accounts experience will be an advantage for an interested candidate.
Candidates should apply via email, stating how they meet the above requirements and enclosing curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday, 5th March 2020.