In-house solicitor – Shannon Group plc
Specific purpose maternity leave contract Ref [03/2019]
Shannon Group is seeking to recruit an ambitious and motivated qualified solicitor to support its legal and corporate services team for a specific purpose maternity leave contract.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Advising Shannon Group on legal issues affecting all aspects of the commercial activities of the group companies.
- Assisting the Head of Legal in managing complex transactions.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal contracts, including commercial agreements, concession and retail licence agreements
- Negotiating commercial leases and undertaking commercial property sales transactions.
- Working with and advising the procurement team
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory, legal, and policy requirements arising from the Group’s activities.
- Providing corporate governance, company secretarial and company law advice, guidance and support.
- Providing practical business-focused legal advice and support across all business functions.
- Participate in the integration of core values and key corporate policies into the culture and conscience of Shannon Group through daily interactions and specific training initiatives.
Qualifications, Required Experience/The Person
- A qualified solicitor with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience
- Experience in the acquisition disposal and leasing of commercial property
- Previous commercial contracts/agreements experience
- Corporate governance and company secretarial experience
- Strong analytical and drafting skills and sound commercial judgement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in particular the ability to negotiate effectively
- Ambitious, personally driven with a strong work ethic.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to efficiently handle and prioritise multiple deadlines.
Applications in the form of a cover letter and current CV (CV formatted only in MS word or pdf) to email@example.com no later than Friday 19th July 2019.
Shannon Group is fully aware of GDPR requirements and all recruitment related data is managed in compliance with the relevant regulations. For successful candidates, their application and any related paperwork will be retained in the personnel file for the duration of their employment and as necessary for a period thereafter. For unsuccessful candidates, applications and correspondence shall be retained for a period of 12 months. Where any data is retained this will be managed by HR. All data will be treated in confidence and all appropriate security measures will be applied.