Head of Information Systems – Shannon Group plc (Ref SG 05/2019)
The Shannon Group plc is seeking to recruit a Head of Information Systems based at Shannon Group offices in Shannon Airport.
Shannon Group plc is the umbrella organisation for a group of four commercially driven businesses who are focused on delivering economic benefits for the Shannon/Limerick area, the West of Ireland and the wider national economy. Headquartered at Shannon Airport, Co. Clare, Shannon Group plc is comprised of Shannon Airport Authority, whose principal activities include airport management and airport operations and development; Shannon Heritage, who operates some of the region’s most successful day visitor experiences and evening entertainments located in the Shannon Region; Shannon Commercial Properties, a company focused on the leasing and development of commercial buildings and fully serviced greenfield development sites; and IASC, which works to build a globally recognised and internationally competitive aviation industry cluster at Shannon.
Shannon Group now wishes to recruit a Head of Information Systems who will be responsible for providing strategic development, management and operation of the Group’s IT systems, infrastructure and processes. The role will drive efficiencies through the shared use of technology across the Group and its subsidiary companies and lead a team to deliver an effective and highly regarded service to staff, business customers and members of the public who make use of services offered by the Group.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• The successful candidate will work with the Group Executive Management Team to create a strategy for IT within the organisation, communicate it to employees and lead and motivate the IT team to achieve the strategy, enabling Group-wide synergies and efficiencies where possible.
• S/He will provide advice to the Group Executive Management Team on the application and use of IT to provide best-in-class services, working closely with senior management to overcome associated business challenges.
• Working with relevant internal stakeholders, the candidate will identify and implement technical solutions and opportunities to improve organisational performance.
• The Head of Information Systems will manage multiple simultaneous IT projects and as such will require experience of utilising a structured PM methodology, coupled with strong budget and resource management capabilities.
• Shannon Group leverage many outsourced IT services and the position requires a candidate with strong vendor management skills. Previous experience of managing a large volume of vendors is essential.
Leadership and Management
• As a senior manager within the organisation, The Head of Information Systems will contribute to the development, implementation and review of the Group’s corporate strategies, annual project plans, policies and procedures.
• S/He will work closely with internal audit and other regulatory bodies to ensure IT systems and policies meet recognised international standards and industry best practice, providing clear, succinct and cogent reports to required deadlines for all levels of the organisation.
• S/He will be responsible for ensuring that all departmental staff are adequately trained and resourced, while promoting team building and collaborative working to deliver corporate strategic plans.
• To manage the IT operational and capital expenditure budgets achieving value for money.
• Maintain awareness of evolving security threats and preventative developments
• Ensure supporting personnel and company employees are trained on information security threats, best practices and security system requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
•The candidate should have
• Relevant degree qualification with formal project management training desirable
• 10+ years in IT with the at least 3 years operating at IT management level.
• A comprehensive awareness of existing and developing technologies and how they can be applied to the business.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• An ability to explain complex IT information clearly to non-IT managers and other stakeholders.
• Previous experience leading change in an IT environment
• Experience in developing, implementing and managing strategies and plans aligned to key business objectives
• Significant contract management experience, negotiation and monitoring of 3rd party IT service providers.
• Excellent time management skills.
• An ability to write and present reports to EMT, Board, and external 3rd parties. • Good negotiating skills and the ability to influence others across all levels of the organisation.
• Proven track record of managing and motivating staff.
Applications in the form of a cover letter and current CV (MS Word or pdf) should be sent to : email@example.com by Friday 30th August at 12 midday.