Head of Group Brand and Marketing – Shannon Group plc (Ref SG 09/2019)
We are seeking to recruit a Head of Group Brand and Marketing based at our offices in Shannon Airport.
Shannon Group plc is a commercial semi-state group, comprising three businesses. The Group provides air transport and aviation services at Shannon Airport and its environs, supports the growing aviation cluster at Shannon through the IASC brand, harnesses its property and land assets owned by Shannon Commercial Properties, and offers visitors a range of heritage tourism options through Shannon Heritage.
We now wish to recruit a Head of Group Brand and Marketing. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and execution of multi-channel marketing strategies and brand alignment for the Group companies, delivery of marketing plans across all business divisions and customer touch points along with managing key partner relationships. The successful candidate will be responsible for the marketing function across all businesses and will have a proven track record of leading and motivating cross-functional marketing teams. The candidate will report directly to the Director of Public Affairs, working closely with each of the Managing Directors of the businesses.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Working with the senior leadership team to deliver on company vision and mission and to develop strategic marketing plans for Shannon Group plc and each business.
- Developing the brand image, identity and communication style for the Shannon Group brand and ensuring each businesses’ marketing is aligned to Group.
- Responsible for the marketing function across all businesses including leading and managing the marketing teams to create and deliver sales, marketing and digital strategies to achieve overall business growth objectives.
- Managing teams to create compelling campaigns. Reporting on marketing campaigns’ performance and amending to improve performance.
- Social media management, developing and overseeing content creation on various channels across the Group, ensuring the best use of resources to deliver on objectives.
- Support events and activities across the Group.
- Conducting competitive analyses, staying abreast of industry best practices, trends and integrating learnings into the overall marketing strategy.
- Managing a cross-entity multi-disciplinary team including setting clear activity objectives and KPI’s for the marketing teams.
- In conjunction with the businesses, develop annual marketing operating budgets to support the implementation of the Shannon Group five-year plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The candidate should have
- Third level degree in business, marketing or a related degree or substantial relevant experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing, advertising and account or project management.
- Proven track record of leading and motivating cross-functional marketing teams and collaborating with multi-brand businesses to deliver on their objectives.
- Experience building and implementing successful strategic marketing plans aligned to key business objectives.
- Deep understanding and command of online/social media, direct marketing, public relations, advertising and brand management in the corporate and consumer markets.
- Knowledge of best practices and effective touch strategies in prospect and customer communications for the B2B and B2C businesses.
- Experience using qualitative/quantitative research and insights to drive programme success.
- Self-starter with ability to develop a strategic vision and manage multiple priorities to drive results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and collaborate across businesses.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills along with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including an ability to write, edit, and think creatively.
- Proven holistic brand experience.
- A creative eye and a “can do” attitude.
Applications in the form of a cover letter and current CV (MS Word or pdf) should be sent to: email@example.com by Friday 15th November at 12 midday.