Property Facilities Executive (Reference SCP 03/2018)
Shannon Commercial Properties is a commercially focused property development company, part of the Shannon Group plc, a state commercial company, managing and developing an extensive commercial property portfolio in the wider Shannon region.
We are currently recruiting for a talented and highly motivated Property Facilities Executive to join Shannon Group. Based at Shannon Group’s offices located at Shannon Airport.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the key responsibilities of the Property Facilities Executive are to execute and maintain the service charges database while also being a point of contact for Local Authority and service charge issues:
• Preparation of annual property service charge, water and commercial rates budgets.
• Preparation and submittal of monthly variance analysis of service charge budgets, ready for Board group review.
• Reforecasting of budgets for Board group review.
• Maintaining a footprint report of all Estates under SCP management. Establishing legal status, square footage and ownership of properties in areas under SCP management. Preparing and maintaining evidence files in support of findings.
• Investigating long-term outstanding debts to establish debt ownership and to report on the likely realisation of return (alongside finance and credit committee).
• Dealing with queries from solicitors regarding service charges relating to 3rd party sales.
• Analysing annual maintenance costs in to the correct cost centres ready for external audit. Dealing with queries from Auditors carrying out service charge audit reports.
• Maintaining Service charge audit records for each Estate and Multi let.
• Being the point of contact for all local authorities on matters relating to commercial rates.
• Performing analysis and preparation of commercial rates payment schedules on vacant buildings and multi lets for each local authority.
• Arranging rates revaluations of existing properties, when a material change in structure has taken place.
• Calculation and preparation of client balancing statements relating to service charge rate changes.
• Dealing with queries from clients relating to all commercial rates and service charge matters.
• Providing information to management on all matters relating to commercial rates and service charges.
• SCP point of contact for Irish Water. Mapping water meters. Advise management of potential water leaks based on invoice information. Ongoing liaison with Irish Water regarding incorrect invoicing, change of tenancy etc.
• Processing water and maintenance invoices
• Administration of building alteration permits for proposed new works by industrial tenants.
Qualifications, Required Experience/The Person:
- The successful candidate will have:
• Strong analytical and problem solving capability
• Critical thinking ability
• Systems knowledge (Yardi) and High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programmes especially Excel (Requirement for Pivot table with slicers, condensing large data into cost centre summary).
• Proven Financial/Bookkeeping and skills
• An adaptable communication style, relationship management and negotiation skills
• Capable of working on own initiative
• Flexible and resourceful
Applications in the form of a cover letter and current CV (CV formatted only in MS word or pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5.00pm on Thursday, 4th October 2018.8.