Airport Search Unit – 6 Month Part-Time roles 2020 (Ref. SAA 05/2020)
Shannon Airport Authority is seeking to recruit 6 month part time individuals to join their security team at Shannon Airport. The Airport Search Officer, (ASU) will play a key role in delivering consistent, targeted levels of safety, security and services and a quality user experience. The primary focus of the role is to ensure the safe, secure, smooth and timely inspection and screening of passengers and staff, cabin baggage and items carried to national and international standards as defined by the IAA, EU ECAC and ICAO. Full training will be provided, and national certification will apply.
In addition to regular work periods, we are looking to cover early morning and late evening rosters, weekends and public holidays and there may be an element of night duty. The ASU officer will rotate between duties within the security function on a 20-hour shift and roster basis, but with full flexibility to ramp up additional hours if and when required. All duties require standing and bending. As these are shift positions, applicants must be over 18 years of age on date of application.
The main provision of aviation security screening is through physical searching and the use of technological aides.
- Screening passengers and staff via the Walk-Through Metal Detector and Security Scanners.
- X-ray examination and physical searching of hand baggage
- Control and secure access to a sterile area
- Play a key role in delivering consistent levels of safety, security and services and a quality user experience
- Ensure safe, secure, smooth and timely processing
- Provide the passenger with appropriate regulatory requirement information and assistance
- Divesting Passengers and staff and loading of passenger items into trays and onto conveyor belts in advance of screening.
- Safe handling and disposal of surrendered sharps, liquids and gels not permitted
- Escalate any security screening issues that arise to the Screening Supervisor
- Any other duties as assigned to meet operational requirements.
Person, Skills and Experience:
- Willingness to work in a team environment where flexibility is required for changing passenger demands
- Willingness to work a variety of shift patterns to include early morning starts (e.g. 5.00am), weekends, bank holidays, night duties. It is expected that seasonal part-time employees will have full availability for the 2020 season.
- Ability to work in an environment where adherence to standard operating procedures is a significant feature of daily responsibilities
- Experience in a service driven organization
- Professional, friendly and helpful in approach
- Strong customer orientation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Pleasant, confident and outgoing personality with self-motivation and diplomacy skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent standard of English and a proficiency in a European language an advantage
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland. Candidates must be available for employment in late March.
*Candidates will be required to successfully complete assessments and interview in early March.
*Candidates will be required to successfully complete the in-house training course and IAA Certification in late March.
How to Apply:
Applications in the form of a current CV, (CV formatted only in MS Word or pdf), with Dates and Reference contact details for all positions held over the last 5 years. Ensure your email and telephone number (including mobile) are included with your application.
Please include a Cover Letter expressing (i) why you may be suitable for the position; (ii) Exact dates of availability for employment – successful candidates will be required to commence in the role from 18th March 2020.
Apply via email to email@example.com by 16:00pm Wednesday 26th February 2020.
Short-listing may apply.
No late applications will be accepted.